Skip to content
Supervision is the key to keeping a child safe around and in water
- Maintain eye contact with children around water. Never take your eyes off them.
- Watch children in and around bathtubs, toilets and buckets
- A young child can drown in less than 2 inches of water
- With adults, take turns being the “water watcher” if you are at the pool, beach or lake.
- Bring a cell phone with you to pools and other swimming areas to call 911 in case of emergency.
- not use it to text or talk when watching children.
- Be in the water with your child so he/she learns to respect the water, and you can rein-force safety skills he/she learns in swim lessons.
- Not to go swimming without a grown-up.
- Not to go in the bathtub without an adult.
- Not to play with water in buckets and toilets.
- To stay away from pool and spa drains, grates or filters.